Sunday 10 August 2014

Amelia

Afternoon chums!

A while ago I mentioned that I'd made a rag type doll for my Mum. I decided to call her Amelia. I couldn't post a picture at the time as I hadn't given Amelia to my Mum and I wanted to keep her a surprise.

Well, my Mum has her now, so here are a couple of pictures...

Without mop cap and apron
With mop cap and apron
I got the pattern for the doll, dress, apron, bloomers and mop cap from the January 2008 issue of Crafts Beautiful. 

The good news is that the pattern and instructions are still available. The pattern template can be found here and the project instructions can be found here. You will need to register with the Crafts Beautiful website, but it's free and simple to join. 

I altered the dress slightly from the pattern and added felt bows to the shoes.

This is about the fourth doll I've made using this pattern. I've made them with different coloured hair and different coloured gingham dresses.

This is a fantastic doll to make; it is simple to do and you can re-size to suit. Amelia is approximately 18" tall. 

For the main body I bought special doll fabric which gives the flexibility that you need and is soft to the touch; you can use flesh coloured jersey if you wish.

Mum was over the moon with her and I'm sure I'll be getting a few more orders :o)

That's me for the nonce. I'll be back soon with another post. Thanks for calling by. xx

post signature

3 comments:

Radhika said...

cute doll :)

Berina RGA said...

very beautiful doll.. my daughter's name is also Amelia :)
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your Amelia is super cute
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects