Friday 20 September 2013

Love Will Keep Us Warm

Hello there!

I'm back and this is my 200th post - whoopee!

Last night I managed to sit down and do a card for 'me'. As you are probably aware, I love Paper Smooches stamps. I got a lovely little set last year called Warm Hearts and it has an adorable snowman on it. I can't remember making a card with him on it last Christmas, so I have now :o)

Here he is...





What you need...

Card stock: white
Stamps: Warm Hearts - Paper Smooches
Ink pad: Onyx Black - Versafine
Promarkers: Bright Orange, Ice Grey 1, Poppy
Baker's twine: red
Felt holly leaves
Red button
Adhesives

What you do...

Stamp the sentiment onto the bottom right corner of a top fold A6 blank. Stamp and heat set the snowman image onto white card and colour in. Trim the image so it measures 5.5cm x 8.5cm, mount centrally onto the blank.

Wrap twine around the card (overlapping the image panel) three times and knot at the left. Thread a button with twine and tie in a bow. Glue over the knot with felt holly leaves and fray the twine ends.

I do like clean and simple cards, especially white ones that have that little splash of colour. The great thing about CAS is that they are quick to do. The way things are going, I think I'll be doing all of my cards this year like that.

I've had the felt holly leaves for a couple of years now. I think they were by Kars, if you can't find the little felt holly leaves anywhere, why not hand cut or die cut your own from green felt? There is something so satisfying about making your own little embellishments...don't you think?

Okay, I'm off now. Things to do. Just before I go, Bren has laid a little egg everyday since she laid her first on Tuesday. They are still only small (like a bantam egg) but they will get bigger as she gets more 'professional'.

Have a great evening! Toodle-pip. xx

post signature


1 comment:

Ardilla said...

Hi, Colette!
What a lovely card... I love CAS and this one is great!
Hugs,
Ardilla :)