Friday 6 September 2013

Chickens and a Happy Christmas!

Good afternoon peepsicles!
Wow! Friday again...
I haven't mentioned my 'girls' for a while. They have settled in really well and are growing really fast into beautiful chickens. Their wattles and combs are also growing, which means it won't be too long before they start laying.
They have each developed their own lovely and amusing personalities and I love them equally. Here is a few snapshots of my 'brood'.

Bren

Babs

Dolly

Hattie

Babs and Bren look a little scruffy around the head at the moment, they are just about to start their 'moult'. I think Hattie will be next.
They follow me round constantly, chatting, clucking and purring away. They all feed from my hand and Bren and Hattie will jump up on the garden chair and sit with me. They are fascinated with the colours of my painted toe nails and will have a peck at each one. It doesn't hurt though :o)
Right! Onto the card stuff. I have another quick, simple Christmas card to show you today. So, without further ado...




What you need...

Patterned paper: Kris Kringle 6" x 6" paper pad - S.E.I
Stamps: Joyful Greetings - Paper Smooches
Ink pad: Rich Cocoa - Memento
Ribbon: red
Gems: red
Adhesives

What you do...

Cut a piece of stocking and present paper at an angle and adhere to the bottom of a 13cm x 15cm top fold blank.

Stamp the sentiment to the left of the card, just above the paper edge. Wrap ribbon around the bottom and tie in a bow at the right. Finish with a few gems.

There you have it! I think this card would also look good with kraft card and a paper to compliment. I will have to have another play!

Okay. So I'm going to sign off for now. On with more commissions and over the weekend I'm going to make a batch of green tomato chutney. The greenhouse is full of the little blighters that refuse to turn red....grrr!

Thanks for calling in, see you soon xxx


post signature

1 comment:

Nikbee said...

A fab card. Great paper.
My hubby would love some chickens, but our garden is too small unfortunately.
Nikki x