Friday 23 August 2013

Winter Wonderland - Cricut Mini Project

Hello me lovely peeps!

It's Friday! Yay!

I would like to show you, if I may, my first Christmas card of the year (I know, I have been making Christmas cards for the magazines since about May - doesn't count). Yes! I have finally started on my own personal stash.

I decided to make one with the Cricut Mini and I used the Winter Frolics cartridge. This is jam packed with really cute, whimsical characters and motifs. I liked the idea of having a wintry, snowy scene with a bit of sparkle, so out came the glitter card!

Winter Frolic - Cricut





What you need...
Die cutting machine: Cricut Mini
Cartridge: Winter Frolic
Card stock: grey, black, greens, white glitter, aqua glitter
Glitter gems
Adhesives
What you do...
Adhere a die cut oval in aqua glitter card onto a landscape A6 blank. The images you need to select and the colour card to cut are:
North Pole - grey
North Pole shadow - black
North Pole border - white glitter
North Pole border tree layer - lime green
Tree 1 - two shades of green, white glitter
Winter Wonderland phrase - white glitter
Winter Wonderland phrase shadow - black
You will need to re-size the tree image three times for each tree to give you the layers. Assemble all the pieces and mat onto the card, as shown. Finish with a few glitter gems.
I've got all my Christmassy craft papers, stamps, embellishments etc. to hand, so I can now get cracking on some more. I print out the piccies of my makes and stick them in a journal, that way I can remake them following the original sketch. It's nice to do a favourite layout but use different papers and embellishments.
So, that's me for now. I'll be back more often now I've started the Christmas stuff. See you soon! xx

post signature


2 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely card Colette.
Gr Elly

UTs Hobby Time said...

Nice one Colette.