Friday 9 November 2012

Merry Birdy

Afternoon chumleys!
Hope you are all fine and well this bright Friday afternoon. The leaves are nearly all off the trees now. I'm keeping an eye on the ash tree out the front, I've read up on what symptoms to look out for, it seems okay at the moment, fingers crossed. It would be such a shame to lose it :( 
I'm currently in between commissions, but I'd like to show you a card I made last week.



Adorable isn't he?

What I used...

Home for Christmas 6x6 Paper Pad - Fancy Pants Designs
Home for Christmas Clear Stamps  - Fancy Pants Designs
Home for Christmas Stickers - Fancy Pants Designs
Home for Christmas Banners - Fancy Pants Designs
Ink - Burgundy, Split Pea - Versacolor
Card stock - cream
Punch - corner rounder
Button - red
Garden twine
Pearls - ivory

I rounded the top right corner of an A6 landscape Kraft blank and a smaller piece of cream card. The bird and snowflakes were stamped in the bottom right corner of the cream piece; this was mounted to the left of the blank.

I attached a spotty banner to the top left corner with foam tape and a red button tied with twine.  To finish, I wrapped and tied twine around the bottom of the blank and pearls were adhered to the bird and snowflakes.

I love the colours in this collection. Even though it follows the traditional red and green Christmas colours, they are quite vintage. The whole scrummy collection is based around red, green, ochre and brown, with whimsical and traditional designs. Gorgeous!

My only complaint is why do these companies release such beautiful and must have collections? I mean... I want them all!

Righty-hoo. Must get on. Thanks for popping in. xxxx





No comments: