Saturday 6 October 2012

Lazy Puss!

Aft'noon peepsicles!
Sorry I haven't posted much this week, have been busy, busy, busy with commissions. It's my Mum's birthday today (Happy Birthday Mum!) and she has a great sense of humour, so when I saw this stamp set, I had her card in mind.



I stamped the cat image and phrase (Art Impressions - Zoo Crew - Feline Set 4193) onto white card with black ink (Versafine - Onyx Black) and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The cat was coloured in with Promarkers and mounted onto black card and the phrase onto pink card.

Strips of patterned paper (Anna Griffin - Fifi and Fido collection) were cut and attached at varying heights to the front of a 15cm square blank. The cat and phrase were then mounted onto the card. I finished the whole thing off with some black baker's twine wrapped and knotted around the card and a black button threaded with pink baker's twine and tied in a bow.

This cat reminds me so much of our cat Bazoo - except she is black. The face and pose are exactly like her. To me the look on this cat's face says everything. Brilliant!

Well, enjoy the rest of your Saturday and thanks for dropping by!


No comments: