Monday 8 October 2012

Joy!

Aft'noon peeps!
Here I am again with another Christmas card. This one was inspired by a project by the fabulous Pete Hughes (from Sizzix) in the current issue of Papercraft Inspirations (Issue 105 - Nov 2012). I have put my own take on it, using a die cut mistletoe branch, 'Joy' phrase, snowflake and scalloped borders instead of Pete's branch, 'Noel' phrase and lacy edges. Plus, I fixed my bauble to the card front, where Pete had left his to dangle so it could be removed and used as a tree ornament.
So here it is....


What I used.....

Carved Ornaments - Movers & Shapers - Sizzix
Joy - Movers & Shapers - Sizzix
Scallops - On the Edge - Sizzix
Snow Flurries - On the Edge - Sizzix
Mistletoe - Marianne D Creatables
Aspen Frost 6x6 Paper Pad - Basic Grey
Green Card
Baker's Twine - Red
Pearls - Flat Backed

I die cut two baubles, one in patterned paper and one in green card, and another in red patterned paper with the 'Joy' die inserted. They were then layered up, and the red bauble was mounted with foam pads. I snipped the top off the green bauble and stuck it to the top of the red. I tied baker's twine around the top.

A scallop border and a snowflake border were cut in patterned paper. These were adhered to a white blank along with a wide strip of co-ordinating paper. I die cut a mistletoe sprig in green card, distressed and embellished it with pearls. This was then adhered to the card along with the bauble. Ta da!

I must say I do love Pete's creations. Whenever I see his projects in magazines I always 'ooh' & 'ahh' along with, 'got to have a go at that'.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday! Thanks for calling by. xxx

1 comment:

Krafty Kows said...

It's a brilliant card. Jeanette