Tuesday 16 October 2012

Joy & Peace

Aft'noon chums!
It's a very blustery day here in Norfolk. The leaves are trying to hold on tight, but I think the wind is winning!
I have another Christmas card for you today.
Here it is....



What I used.....

North Country 6x6 paper stack - Prima
Framelits Circle Dies - Sizzix
Sentiment rub-on & snowflake - K & Company
White sparkly ribbon
Pale blue button

Die cut two large, different sized circles in co-ordinating papers, layer them at the bottom left corner of a white blank, just so they overlap the sides, and trim. Mount a snowflake embellishment in the centre. Fold a length of ribbon and notch the ends, stitch a button near the fold and attach to the top of the circles. Finish with a sentiment in the top right corner.

I intended to just have the circles on the blank. After I had stuck them down, they reminded me of a bauble. I have this really pretty ribbon, that is sparkly, but not overpowering. So I used that and a button as the bauble 'hanger'.

I think it's a fresh and simple card. The North Country pad has some beautiful papers in it, but I can't wait to make more of the same layout in different colour schemes.

Off now to make a coffee, then I think I'll rustle up another card or two (before I have to tackle to biggest pile of ironing I have ever dared to clap my eyes on). Groan.

Thanks for calling. xx

No comments: