Friday 12 October 2012

Holly Golightly

Mewnin' Peeps!
Today is my sister Yvonne's birthday. Happy birthday sis! I couldn't post a pic of this card when I originally made it, because she reads my blog.
It's quite a simple card with limited colours. The focus mainly in black and white with a pop of bright pink. The image stamp I used is Breakfast at Tiffanys - Audrey Hepburn by The Octopode Factory.
Breakfast at Tiffanys is one of my favourite films and when I saw this beautiful stamp - well, had to have didn't I?
So, here's Holly Golightly.....



I love the fact that the image even has 'Cat' in it.

What I used.....

Stamp - Breakfast at Tiffanys - Audrey Hepburn - The Octopode Factory
Paper - Sketchbook by Amy Tangerine 6x6 paper pad - American Crafts
Rub-ons - Mollipop (655497), Background Shapes (655079) - Sizzix
Ink pad - Onyx Black - Versafine
Promarkers
Punch - corner rounder
Card - white, black
Card blank - 15cm square, white
Clear embossing powder
Ribbon - bright pink
Crystals - clear, 2mm, 3mm - Hot Fix

Firstly, with the fold at the top I trimmed 2cm off one side and rounded the bottom right corner. A piece of patterned paper was attached horizontally to the left of the card, again with its lower right corner rounded off.

After stamping, heat embossing and colouring the image, it was trimmed and mounted onto black card and trimmed again, rounding off the bottom right corners on each. Hot Fix crystals were glued to her tiara and ear-rings. Rub-ons were applied to the lower right corner.

I tied pink ribbon around the card and knotted it at the right. She was then mounted to the blank with foam tape. Ta da!

I love The Octopode Factory stamps, they do great interpretations of Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz characters. This one is just stunning though. Love it!

That's me for now, toodle-pip! xx

1 comment:

Nikbee said...

Such an elegant card.
Nikki x