Friday 21 September 2012

Merry Diamonds

Good aft'noon peeps!
Time for another Christmas card. I made a few yesterday, but I've chosen this one to show today. A few years back I saw a card made with diamonds (the shape not the real thing). This gave me the inspiration for this card.



Several diamonds were cut from white, red and two shades of green card. I shuffled them around the front of a card blank until I was happy with the layout. After trimming, I inked the edges black (Ranger Distress Ink - Black Soot) and adhered them to the blank.

I rubbed on black and white lines (Sizzix Rub Ons - Background, Lines & Circles - 655095) and the sentiment (Pebbles Inc. Duplicates - 760269). Next, I made a present with two pieces of red glitter swirl paper (Kris Kringle Collection - Peppermint Swirl - S.E.I). Two holly leaves were sketched, cut out, edges inked and details doodled on.

The holly was adhered to the top of the present along with three tiny red buttons, threaded and tied with white cord. I doodled around the edge of the blank and attached the present to the top right corner.

I've just realised I've done another red/green Christmas card! So much for me not usually doing the traditional colours. Oh well.

Ok peeps, I'm signing off for now. Thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of your Friday! xx

No comments: