Friday 21 October 2011

Almost finished!

Hi all! After reading Suzannes post on ugly cards, I've picked one of mine. I had to choose the tall pale blue card. Bleughhh! What the hell was I thinking. I know I hadn't been doing my blog for very long, but why chose this monstrosity for the whole world to see? The card is awful and the photography isn't any better.
Thankfully I think I've come on with the ol' photo side of things now. The worst thing is, I sent it to my sister for her birthday - sorry Yvonne. No offence. I've never been happy with it on my blog, but I'm going to leave it there as a reminder of how not to make a card :o)
Have a good laugh, I did - with a bit of cringing too.
Colette xx
Hello again.

I can't believe it's nearly a week since my Mum went home. We had a lovely time and such a good laugh (we have the same mad sense of humour) and I'm missing her terribly.

I'm almost finished my latest project for Crafts Beautiful. Can't say any more, you'll have to wait to see it in the magazine. For more crafting ideas visit Crafts Beautiful.

It's been a challenge. Why is it you have an idea in your head, and despite all the beautiful papers etc. you have, you never seem to have the one that is just right. So, then you have to have a re-think, so annoying.

In between the magazine projects, I've got Christmas cards, general friends and family Birthday cards, plus a Halloween project for my nephews and niece, Thomas, William and Emily. I'll take a piccy of it when it's finished and post it on here.

Talking of piccies, here are few more of my recent creations. Hope you like.


Take a pale blue tall card blank, round the top right hand corner. Stamp some swirls in brown ink and a sentiment on the lower left hand side. Die cut two flowers, layer up and attach a button and fix to the card over the swirls, add a few pearls to finish. I used the Prima 'Madeline' papers for the flowers.


Trim 3cm from the edge of a black 15cm square card blank. With the fold at the top, cover 3/4 of the top right hand side with patterned paper and the bottom edge with a co-ordinating paper. Tie a ribbon around the join. Stamp and heat emboss a cat, shade in with Promarkers and attach to the card above the knot. Finish with 'purrr-fect' using rub-on alphabet letters and a few hot fix crystals. The cat is from the 'Pampered Pets' stamp collection by docrafts and the papers are from the Anna Griffin 'Fifi & Fido' collection and are just too scrummy for words.

Well, I'm off to make a coffee and crack on with my commission. Have a lovely weekend, until next time. Ta ta.

3 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Oh I don't think it's bad at ALL, Colette! It's just...tall! :) The flower with the swirly leaves is actually a good idea!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Thanks for paticipating in the ugly card hop. Not sure if I agree or not with you on your choice of card, the jury is still out. It's definitely not your current style.

Suzanne said...

Hi Colette, thanks for linking up! I don't think these are bad at all, but I agree with Bonnie that they are not your current style. I love the colors on both of these. Really not that bad but I know that feeling of just not liking something in the end. :)